Alex Reisen is counsel at Arkin Solbakken LLP. He specializes in all aspects of business-related litigation and negotiations, including complex commercial, securities-fraud, employment, and contract cases. Before joining the firm, Mr. Reisen practiced litigation as an associate in the New York office of Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP. Prior to that, Mr. Reisen was a law clerk in the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Mr. Reisen has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in New York Super Lawyers 2014 and 2015.
- Successfully arguing two motions to dismiss in the Southern District of New York in defamation case to be featured in Vanity Fair.
- Arguing dispositive motions in contract case and obtaining multi-million-dollar judgment.
- Extracting key deposition admissions in trade-secrets case and prevailing on motion leading to favorable settlement.
- Arguing an application for a temporary restraining order and drafting briefs in Madoff-related litigation.
- Securing the release of $75 million frozen by OFAC during the 2011 Libyan revolution, allowing our client to support Libya’s new regime.
- Successfully moving to dismiss Delaware fiduciary-duty complaint against company directors.
- Obtaining permanent injunction against imposter posing as officer of major investment firm.
- Arbitrating securities and contract matters before FINRA and AAA, and successfully cross-examining numerous witnesses.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., Magna Cum Laude − 2004
- Harvard College, B.A., Cum Laude – 1996
- Hon. Thomas L. Ambro, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2004-2005
- New York State
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York