Phone: (212) 333-0252
Fax: (212) 333-2350
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D. − 2007
- Wake Forest Law Review
- Finalist, Tulane National Sports Law Moot Court Competition
Tufts University, B.A. − 2004
- Hon. John E. Sprizzo, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2007-2009
- Named a “Rising Star” in New York Super Lawyers (2014 – present)
- New York State
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York City Bar Association Litigation Committee
Deana Davidian thrives on competition and the excitement of winning. An expert at handling general business disputes and negotiations, Ms. Davidian has earned a reputation as a formidable foe in both the courtroom and the boardroom.
Ms. Davidian has served as a trusted adviser to her clients for more than a decade, specializing in representing clients in the financial-services sector, particularly hedge funds, investment banks, private equity firms, and senior executives with entry, exit or contract issues. From the moment she takes a case, she begins developing a comprehensive strategy to achieve the best possible outcome for her client. She is known for her meticulous attention to detail during all phases of representation, from inception of a case through trial and any resulting appeals.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Davidian was a law clerk for the Honorable John E. Sprizzo of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. She has been recognized as a New York Super Lawyers “Rising Star” every year from 2014 to present, and she is a member of the New York City Bar Association Litigation Committee.
- Obtained summary dismissal of forty-four separate derivative claims asserted against Board in shareholder derivative suit.
- Successfully defended a managing member of LLC in a lawsuit alleging fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims, obtaining dismissal of all counts.
- Successfully defended CEO against FINRA allegations that he engaged in insider trading, obtaining dismissal of all claims after full arbitration hearing on the merits.
- Successfully defended a global industrial company against ERISA claims, obtaining dismissal of all claims.
- Representing and advising clients in connection with bankruptcy proceedings, particularly with respect to securities and contractual issues (including representing the “Step One” creditors in the Tribune bankruptcy and the “TPS Group” in the Washington Mutual bankruptcy).
- Successfully represented an investment bank in a breach of contract litigation, obtaining a full recovery of amounts due under the contract.
- Successfully resolved contentious litigation between founding members of a real estate brokerage firm, resulting in a settlement affording client increased equity and sole managerial authority.
- Represented a hedge fund member in a matrimonial dispute, obtaining a favorable settlement of all claims.
- Regularly represents private equity and hedge fund members in employment-related business disputes and negotiations.